Thursday, October 1, 2009

Haircuts



We decided it was time for the girls to get haircuts. Why not just do it ourselves I thought, how hard can it be to cut staight? Turns out very hard. Ashley was the first guniea pig. Needless to say it turned out shorter than we had imagined. She just wouldn't sit still. I got frusterated cause the scissors weren't cutting straight,so John took over. And he was even more inpatient that I was. I learned when you cut hair it should be damp, not wet. The problem with that is her hair dries to quick and starts to curl up on me. So after I took back the scissors it got even shorter, it was quite the experience. Luckily she won't care if its a little uneven. Hannah got more of a trim. That's my adventures in haircutting..maybe we'll try the hairdresser next time.

3 comments:

Patty B. said...

Home haircuts...always an adventure! Ashley looks so cute with her whispy hair...perfect pose! And Hannah is a doll as always! As far as using a salon, stay at home and keep trying...it only gets better as time goes on and you keep practicing!

Unknown said...

I took a haircutting class at church once. I learned that when it comes to girls haircuts it is better to do "point cutting" than just going straight across (which is what I have always done). I have yet to try it but it makes sense. As far as getting them to sit still...good luck, but I'm sure you will figure out what works for them. We usually just make the boys be real still but we have also given them dum-dums as a sit still item (and they don't care too much if there is hair on it...lol).

Unknown said...

looks like ashley's hair is really straight. did you straighten it? i only cut bangs but i had grandma cluff cut cara's hair short. I didnt want to do it either cuz it curls up as soon as it dries.