Monday, January 26, 2009

Back to Blogging and Potty Training



I know its been awhile since I've posted. My kids and family have kept me busy, but I'm back to blogging. In case your wondering, I've been attempting to potty train Ashley since who knows how long, agressivly probably the begining of December. It was a struggle just to get her to go potty on the toilet. She was ready but was messing with me. It was hit and miss, usually she would go for 2 or 3 days and then just decide that she wasn't going to go potty on the toilet anymore. I tried treats, getting angry with her, telling her "don't you want to be a big girl...." None of it seemed to work, finally I decided to make a potty chart with stickers to track how many times a day she went. Who knew that was the key. I let her put the stickers on her chart, its not the neatest chart, but it works. Now she will go when I take her and she loves putting stickers on her chart. Hooray, one step towards being potty trained with many more to go...pooping on the toilet is the next step.

1 comment:

Courtney said...

I love the sticker chart. She's just being a little stinker, isn't she? Of course she had to do it the "princess" way. Who would of thought princess stickers would appeal so much to a little girl and make her want to start using the potty? Kids crack me up!