Friday, November 6, 2009

Halloween Party, Games and Portraits!

This year for Halloween I got ambitious and decided to make three costumes. I didn't think it could be done- cause last year I ended up sewing Ashley's on Halloween. I got an early start and it was fun. John jr. was a dinosaur mostly cause it growls more than he cries. I let Ashley pick out her costume- so she decided on a blue tinkerbell. I added some purple cause she was a blue princess last year, Can you guess what her favorite color is? Hannah was Princess Minnie. She absolutely loves minnie mouse and I saw a costume online and said oh.. I can make that and it turned out really cute. It was a lot of work, but its always fun to see the end result. I even learned how to do an invisible zipper. Youtube videos are a lifesaver. It's good for more than just music and stupid videos. I had so many pictures that I liked from Halloween I had a hard time deciding which ones to post, so I thought I'd try and do a slide show instead.



We've been trying to get John to sit up on his own for weeks and he always would fall to one side or the other. No kidding, I sat him up to take his picture and he sat there all by himself and has done so since. Yeah! He was a cute dinosaur.



John's family decide to have their own Halloween party this year. It was so much fun with all of the cousins. They had a cottonball walk, bowling, fishing, donut eating contest, cake walk, coin toss, pumpkin pinata, prizes and candy. It was a bit crazy with all of the toddlers but it was fun to watch them play each game. The donut eating contest was quite funny. Most of the donuts fell off after a few bites and the kids didn't know what to do, they just ended up eating them.



After all of the games were over, Hannah decided she was tired and was going to take a nap on the stairs. Of course when I run to get the camera she perks up. It looked posed, but these are some of my favorite photos of the day.




It's become a tradition for Grandpa Bradshaw to take portraits of the kids in their costmes each year. They always turn out really cute. The picture with all three kids are hilarious. The box just wasn't wide enough for all three of them and John somehow forgot to sit up. Oh.. well it still made some great pictures to laugh at.

2 comments:

Patty B. said...

Each of the kids in their own portrait are really cute, but my favorite is the one with all three (or rather, the series of pictures with all three!). Within about 30 seconds, those roughly 10 shots are hilarious! Thanks for being as patient as you are during photo shoots!

Stevens Family said...

I can't believe you made those cute costumes. John Jr. is getting so big, I have got to see him again soon.